Chlorine Dioxide Generators - ClO2 Dosing Systems
The range of Activ-Ox Chlorine Dioxide Generators and dosing systems are the simplest, safest and most cost-effective way to produce a controlled dosage of ClO2 for a wide range of commercial, industrial and water treatment applications.
A conventional chlorine dioxide generator tends to be an expensive and complicated system for dosing ClO2, which requires 2 or 3 hazardous chemicals and is very much for the specialist user. Activ-Ox dosing systems by contrast use low hazard pre-cursors, are easy and safe to use and are a low cost way to generate ClO2 for almost all applications where a conventional chlorine dioxide generator would be have historically been used.
Many chlorine dioxide suppliers don’t actually make the generators themselves – they are simply distributors. Feedwater is actually the manufacturer of the Activ-OX® dosing systems and also makes the chemicals – so if you want the best product at the best price then contact us today!
Activ-Ox® is superior in every way to a conventional Generator
(Click lower-right corner for Full Screen video)
How does an Activ-Ox Chlorine Dioxide Generator work?
The Activ-Ox chlorine dioxide system uses 2 pre-cursor chemicals in much the same way a conventional chlorine dioxide generator does, but with some very important differences. The patented Activ-Ox chemistry releases ClO2 instantaneously where as a conventional Chlorine Dioxide generator or stabilised Chlorine Dioxide dosing system can take several hours to give its maximum yield of ClO2.
The chlorine dioxide yield of the Activ-Ox process is very high, converting around 95% of the pre-cursor to ClO2. This is higher than other processes and much higher than some so called stabilised Chlorine Dioxide systems which not only give a low yield but take a long time to do it.
Another critical difference between Activ-Ox and other chlorine dioxide generators is that it doesn’t need a strong acid to work. Activ-8, the matching pre-cursor to Activ-Ox is a special blend of non-hazardous weak acids that are approved for food and drinking water applications. The patented Activ-Ox chemistry is so different from that used in a conventional Chlorine Dioxide generator that you could even activate it with Coca Cola!
How is Activ-Ox Dosed?
Unlike other processes for producing Chlorine Dioxide, Activ-Ox releases ClO2 instantaneously and completely. Because of this, we have been able to develop a much simpler dosing system than a conventional Chlorine Dioxide generator or stabilised Chlorine Dioxide system. No gas is released, and there is no need for a reaction vessel storing dangerous concentrated mixtures.
Instead the ClO2 is produced directly in solution in a special reactor “T” fitting which is installed in water stream to be treated.
The Superior Activ-Ox® Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) Generators and Dosing Systems
ACTIV-OX® dosing systems have a number of design features which make them the safest, most controllable way of continuously dosing Chlorine Dioxide to a water system.
- Since ACTIV-OX® activates instantaneously, there is no need for mixing and dilution tanks, or reaction vessels containing large volumes of strong chlorine dioxide solutions.
- Activation takes place in a special reaction manifold which is integral to the system pipework, so there are no fragile injection tubes containing concentrated Chlorine Dioxide.
- No ClO2 gas is produced, Chlorine Dioxide is only ever produced in solution, and only a few millilitres of concentrated solution are held within the manifold, so there is no hazard.
- The dosing pumps are controlled automatically and are normally initiated by an impulsing water meter to prevent under or overdosing.
- To prevent the inadvertent mixing of chemicals the dosing pumps are housed in separate lockable enclosures, the injection tubing is double-walled and the chemical drums are normally contained inside individual bunds with lids.
- A range of alarm options are available including chemical low level, dosing pump flow monitoring and chlorine dioxide monitoring.
The range of Activ-Ox Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) Generators and Dosing Systems are suitable for treating anywhere from a few litres of water to 1000’s of cubic metres per day and have been used to treat water in a wide range of applications such as:
- Hot, cold and drinking water in buildings
- Chemical manufacturers
- Office blocks
- Vegetable and salad washing
- Spa baths
- Cooling water
- Poultry houses
- Off-shore rigs
More about Chlorine Dioxide
- Chlorine Dioxide - an Introduction
- Chlorine Dioxide - Water Treatment options
- Legionella Control with Chlorine Dioxide
- Chlorine Dioxide Chemicals
- Chlorine Dioxide Tablets
- Stabilised Chlorine Dioxide
Here to Help you
If you are looking for a chlorine dioxide supplier then contact us today.